Information for Employers
Whatever your business, whatever the size, whatever the sector, there’s an Apprenticeship that can be tailored to improving your skills base.
Apprenticeships are an excellent way for your business to develop employees with the skills and experience you need. Apprentices get hands-on experience and on-the-job training, and at the same time gain industry-recognised qualifications that will help in developing the specialist skills employers need to keep pace with the latest technology and working practices. Work Based Learning at The College Merthyr Tydfil offer two levels of Apprenticeship; Foundation Apprenticeship (equivalent to five GCSEs, grade A-C) and Apprenticeship (equivalent to two A Level passes). Both involve:
· Employing the apprentice, giving them a contact of employment and paying in-line with national minimum wage requirements
· Through mutual agreement, allowing Assessors from The College Merthyr Tydfil to undertake visits to your business in order to assess and discuss progress with both yourself and the Apprentice
· Allowing the apprentice time off to attend college when appropriate
· Observing all relevant health and safety regulations
Work Based Learning at The College Merthyr Tydfil offer Apprenticeships in:
· Customer Service
· Contact Centre Operations
· Business Administration
If you’d like to take on an apprentice but don’t currently have anyone in mind, we can assist with the recruitment process. We have traineeship learners who are looking for an employer to support them in an Apprenticeship.
There is also the Apprenticeship Matching Service available through Careers Wales
Interested and want to know more?
Please call 01685 726130 or email email@example.com
Another year of exceptional A level and vocational success at The College Merthyr TydfilView all latest news
If you are in Year 9,10,11 and are starting to think about college and your future? Why not sign up for our newsletter for all the latest information about college life, open days and events.Click on image to find out more