BTEC 90-credit Diploma in Creative Media Production (Television and Film)
The 9 unit diploma is a practical, work related course. You learn by completing a range of highly practical and theory projects and assignments, which are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. As well as learning about the employment area, you develop the skills you need to start a career.
There is potential for the qualification to prepare learners for progression on to the BTEC level 3 extended diploma in creative media production (television and film) which requires an additional year of study and broadens your experience and knowledge in preparation for higher education or employment in the appropriate vocational sector.
The 90 credit diploma’s broadly equivalent to 1.5 GCE A levels and the full extended diploma is the equivalent of 3 GCE A levels.
- Understanding the television and film industry;
- film and video editing techniques;
- research techniques;
- pre-production techniques;
- Communication skills
- Creative media production management project;
- Working to a brief.
- Advertising production for television;
- music video production;
- single camera techniques;
- critical approaches to media products;
- writing for television and video;
- soundtrack production
- Factual programme production for television;
- interview techniques;
- corporate and promotional programme production;
- social action and community media production;
- film studies;
- television studies
you will normally have to have at least one of the following:
- BTEC first qualification in creative media production
- Equivalent of four C grades at GCSE (to include one subject testing the use of English)
- Life and employment experience (for mature learners only).